Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Personal brands - reflections on Face Hunter's words

I saw this video for the first time on the Boys In Trouble blog (two guys from Kiev blogging about their being out and about and all things fashion, I strongly recommend it to all the Russian-speaking bloggers).


FACEHUNTER NYC (part1of2) from The 88 on Vimeo.


Yvan Rodic came to the MBFWK with a lecture (which I, unfortunately didn't get to hear), and we Ukrainians love him here. The thing that I want to point out from this video is Yvan's quote about modern young people:


"Nowadays, if you observe the youngest people who are, literally, born with the Internet, they can see themselves like a mini-brand, like a personal brand. Having Facebook is like having a personal ad campaign, and any opportunity to be photographed on a street style blog at a party or on a nightlife blog is a new chance for them to get more visibility".

This is so true. It scares me sometimes to think that we are so involved with our online presence. It sounds ridiculous coming from a blogger, yet we need to get back in touch with reality more often and forget about what we are to publish for the rest of the world to see. Intimacy, home, being alone and offline is what we need to do more. 


PS And if anyone knows what song is playing from 03:50 please please let me know, I'm desperate to find out. 

No comments: