Monday, October 31, 2011

Catwalk review: Anton Belinskiy


Anton Belinskiy's show was, perhaps, one of the most controversial shows of MBFWK. It was enthusiastically criticized by Ukrainian bloggers and yet the turnout was incredible for such a young designer. The show was a first on the "big" catwalk for Anton and it was interesting to see how he has grown since his previous show this summer. 





 
Polina Moroz walked at the show. From what I've heard, she has finished her modelling career, yet it was nice to see her back on the catwalk



I, personally, believe that you can't love or hate a whole collection, you must look at separate garments and details. There were some things I didn't get and some things I loved. The unconventional layering was interesting to see and the colour scheme was fresh - black, white and lime look cool for spring. The capes of the dresses were not something I particularly liked, yet they gave an oomph to the collection. 

I, at the shows

Anton Belinskiy

I was wearing a top by Belinskiy, and when Anton saw me at another designer's show, he was pleased to see his creation on me and invited me up to his showroom to choose a skirt to match the top. I'm planning to go and shop, this guy has something special in his design. 

No comments: