Monday, October 31, 2011

MBFWK: more highlights

The weekend spent at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Kiev was an amazing experience. I now realize that I even miss it. I've browsed through some of the photographs I made there and decided to share some with you, my fashionable readers. 

1. Show by Svetlana Tegin. this Russian designer stood out with her 90s-inspired collection. Sweet, but not really my style. The wedding dress was gorgeous, though. 







2.  Robb Young's lecture. The editor from British Vogue and author of "Power dressing: First Ladies, Women Politicians and Fashion" spoke about women and what they wear in politics. I asked him whether a woman in power needs to be patriotic and, surprisingly, he said that it depends on the culture. 




3. It's Me collection by Dina Linnik - the winner of this year's Fashion Forward competition by Harper's Bazaar Ukraine. The show was held on the small podium but it did turn out to be one of the strongest collections in the whole Fashion Week. Dina is a promising young talent. The prices of her clothes are surprisingly high for such a young designer, though. 





Enjoy your evening, guys and girls x

No comments: