Sunday, August 5, 2012

On my new Belgian love


Today I bumped into a collection of accessories by Niels Peeraer - a young Belgian designer based in France. I don't know how I didn't hear anything about him before, the guy is a genius. 

The complicated yet clean lines of all his pieces look just fantastic. The style I would describe as basic chic bordering on steampunk.  What I like is that the colour palette in all his collections is minimalistic - who needs more that peachy beige leather if you have that headspinning design? Niels's designs have distint features that flow from season to season, and this sort of consistency is now rare.  

His works from the the Royal Fashion Academy of Antwerp became successful collections that won numerous awards and recieved many prestigious nominations. 

Latest collection: AW 2012. The lotus and the snake, the curse of the white fox









S/S 10: Kizokusyakai no dorei, geisha n°58-65





S/S: Guess technology isn’t ready for pancake teleportation








Photos: nielspeeraer.com

No comments: