Thursday, September 1, 2011

A love letter to my favourite town

I miss London. Five years of my adolescence were spent in this beautiful, special city. What I really miss is its spirit. The britishness that cannot be mistaken for anything else is, of course, also one major fashion statement.

As a cliché, Eastern Europeans who have never been to the UK perceive British style as that which is very conservative, modest and elegant. Elegancy is one thing, but modesty is far from what I love in English fashion.

There is, in my opinion, no other nation that is so honest and free about its fashion views. Brits are daring, and this is why I can’t wait until London Fashion Week starts. Having flipped through the Pre-collections for S/S 2012 on Facebook, I’m ready to jump right over into next spring and enjoy the colour explosions from House of Holland, the perfect simplicity of Giles gowns, the beautiful textures of Matthew Williamson’s collection and the flamboyant pattern clashes at Peter Pilotto and Jonathan Saunders.




House of Holland



Giles


Christopher Kane



Jonathan Saunders



Matthew Williamson



Peter Jensen


Peter Pilotto

Preen


Pringle of Scotland

Richard Nicoll



London, I love you.



No comments: