Tuesday, November 22, 2011

On beauty and time

November is coming to a close. Time flies by so fast, I can't believe everything is so dynamic. Therefore, it's very important to feel the now, the today, rather than rush and run for tomorrow. This is what I find beautiful today. Soon this may be of no inspiration to me, but right now that's what I feel. 

Browsing through my favourite daily feeds with a coffee and a cake, I found these to be something of an eye candy. I decided to muse about beauty. What is it?

Beauty leaves you thinking about perfection. Jourdan Dunn in i-D. She is flawless and the yellow nails are perfection. 

Beauty is eye-catching. Elle Fanning in Marc by Marc Jacobs AW 2012 campaign. I've heard comments that she looks completely ridiculous here. No, she doesn't.

Beauty is taste. The Prada Resort story in Dazed & Confused. The candy colours and the 50s vibe are delicious. 

Beauty is surprises you. I still can't decide whether I hate or love Rihanna's hair here. Yet I sure listen to a lot of her right now. And I just found out that she is to create her own fashion line with Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans

Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls backstage at the Victoria's Secret show who look absolutely stunning. They just make you say, "Beauty is radiance".

Beauty doesn't have to be anything but simpleJosephine Skriver in the special issue of Dazed & Confused is an excellent proof of this.


What is beauty to you?


Photos: models.com, vogue.co.uk, vogue.com

No comments: