Apparently, reorganising your jewelry drawer can do wonders for stress control. I believe that reorganising your wardrobe is the perfect thing to do if you can't make yourself go to sleep. That's exactly what I've been doing for the past hour and a half, although it's already 1:20 a.m.
I've realised that years of prectice in trying to keep my wardrobe clean and organised have worked up into a few wardrobe sweep secrets, and this is when I share them. =D You may alreadu know this, but here's a checklist:
- Find good hangers. They don't even have to be expensie, just get ones with round edges or padding for delicate garmets. Bad hangers can be oh so destructive for your clothes.
- Buy dividers for drawers. This will keep your lingerie, scarves and belts in perfect condition. Plus good-looking drawers are like eye cand yfor those who are obsessed with organising stuff.
- Store footwear in boxes (and properly stuffed with paper if you are not to wear a pair for a while). That's the only way to do it, really.
- Get a few aroma sticks or lavenders bags for drawers where you keep garments made of wool. They don't make your clothes smell like hotel towels but they do keep moths at bay.
- Stick to the rule "iron, then hang". The rush to iron things in the morning is exhausting.
- Stick to a colour code in your drawers. This saves a lot of time in the morning.
- Make wardrobe sweeps a regular thing, so that you know your essential buys when shopping.
- Get rid of things that you will never ever wear. Don't lie to yourself, there are some things that don't fit you or are no longer wearable for other reasons. Sell them, give them to charity, your friends or whatever. Doing this will help clear up space for fresh great things.